You can protect your banana bunches from wind damage (except for extreme weather events) by covering the fruit with these good-quality banana fruit bunch cover blue bags. Uncovered fruit can be damaged by sunburn, birds, or other hungry hunters!
Covers aid with ripening
The use of a banana fruit bunch cover blue ripening bag can improve the quality of the fruit as well as increase the yield, and in any case, reduce the ripening time. The ripening fruit gives off a gas that in turn speeds up the ripening of the remaining fruit. There are 2 main methods to ripening the fruit;
Tree ripening the fruit will give a beautiful sweet taste, so only take a few at a time while the others ripen.
Commercial growers harvest while the lowest fruit is rounded but still green. Ripen a by keeping them in a cool, dry place with other ripe bananas.
Note that leaving ripe fruit on the tree will attract the fruit bats and they can make a mess of the bunch – In that case, you may be better off ripening the fully formed fruit indoors.
Using covers increases bunch weight
Banana fruit bunch bags are used extensively throughout banana growing. One of the documented advantages of using a cover is that it increases bunch weight by between 20-30% on average. This was tested in NSW farm studies.
Open at both ends
The bag is open at the top and bottom – simply tie the bag loosely at the top and is leave the bag open at the bottom – giving better airflow.
Protect from damage
Banana bunch covers can protect the skin of the fruit against wind damage, leaf, insect, and some bird damage as the fruit matures. As the ripening gas released by the bunch is trapped inside, the bats and birds, etc. are not attracted to the bunch in the same way as not having a cover.
We put quality UV protection in our bags (some of our competitor’s brands do not) – which means;
1; Our bags will protect the fruit more effectively against UV damage.
2; Ours will last out in the sun.
Read more: What sectors use plastic?
There are two main techniques for bagging bananas.
- Generally, once the fruit bunch is forming and the ‘fingers’ (forming bananas) are beginning to turn upwards, it is time to put a bag on; or
- Alternatively, in situations where fruit bats or birds are a problem, the bag can be fitted not long after the ‘bell’ forms. This technique requires a bit more maintenance as the bracts must be removed from the cover as they fall to ensure correct protection and ripening.
Tie the banana fruit bunch cover blue to the stalk of the fruit bunch, above the first hand of fruit. It is helpful to make sure that water is not running through the knot onto the hands as this could increase sunburn on the fruit. The cover will be open at the bottom giving good aeration and should hang below the last hand of fruit.
Why choose us?
Bao Ma Production & Trading Co Ltd is complying with the ISO 9001-2015 which ensures the quality control system and the ability to produce different materials and sizes of poly bags and rolls, including:
- Packing products for agricultural, aquatic, food consumption, industrial purposes.
- Zip-lock bag, shopping bag, garbage bag, plastic carriers.
- Plastic sheeting
- Perforated plastic roll
- Poly roll of 2m – 4m measurement for the use of lining prawn-raising ponds, for construction sites and sewage system usage, and as cover sheets for agricultural and industrial purposes.
- Printing services on packages of up to 6 colors with customization
- Trading various plastic raw materials such as PP, HDPE, LDPE, LLDPE…
So, please contact us via hotline: (028) 37540 999 – 096 314 5959 and let us be honored to serve you in the best way possible.
BAO MA PRODUCTION & TRADING COMPANY LIMITED
Address: No. 21 Tan Tao Industrial Park, Road No. 3, Tan Tao A Ward, Binh Tan District, HCMC
Tel: (028) 37540 999 – 096 314 5959